About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blue bills are starting to show up and a crazy night in Oklahoma

Well, I guess the severe weather season has kinda started for us as Cullen and I have started betting on targets again. He took Woodward OK and I had Elk City OK for today. On a real chase day either would have worked as initiation targets (but mine was still closer!). Anyhow, after a full day of armchair chasing, heading off to bed with visions of 6"-10" of new snow tomorrow in my head. It's still gonna be a couple of weeks at least before we start seeing our convective potential start to ramp up.

Earlier today, Melinda had to go see a play for one of her college courses so the kids and I hit the photo show in Monticello and took a hike along the Mississippi. Bills are starting to occupy every small open pond so that is a good sign ice out isn't too far off now.

Here are some bluebills and ring necks Cullen spotted on a pond in Wright county.

Dinging around on the banks of the Mississippi River. The ice flows are fun to watch.


My daughter looking for shells on a small rock bar on the Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment