Followers

Monday, June 16, 2008

6 14 08 Update

Per an email I received from the WCM at FGF, the "So my inclination is to call that EF1... an overly zealous gustnado, basically a suction vortex on the leading edge of the shelf cloud."

Sigh...I guess so. Afterall per answer.com, the definition of a tornado is: "A rotating column of air ranging in width from a few yards to more than a mile and whirling at destructively high speeds, usually accompanied by a funnel-shaped downward extension of a cumulonimbus cloud." Note there is no funnel needed to still meet the rotating column of air portion of the definition.

I'm going to go back over the data from the May 9th 2004 Mother's Day even in MN. I believe there was an F1 associated with that setup which was an almost duplicate to this past Saturday. Maybe I need to spend some more time researching this type of tornado as I may have missed a few hundred in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment