Followers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 5th chase day?



Cautiously looking at chasing tomorrow. A have some serious doubts on the quality of storms to the north (you southern guys should see a good show for a bit) as a nice low pulls towards SD during the day tomorrow. Two areas of interest, both with are conditional on the amount of low level junk in the morning limiting instability and how fast everything congeals into an arching mess racing off to the north-northeast. My preferred starting point tomorrow is Norfolk, NE which would give the option to move south if needed to find clearing while still allowing road opts to stay in front of the low. My sleeper spot would be on the narrow instability axis wrapping into the low where the low level directional shear is maximized just to the east or even northeast of the low. I'll go with Madison, SD. This is a long shot and instability will be a HUGE issue in that area but my gut is really screaming IF looking at data. So, at this point Dave and I will be ready to roll tomorrow morning on I90 if (there is that word again) the last little parameters come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment