Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Still eagle-less

Kiddos and I hiked back in to a semi-remote lake where there was a group of tundra swans/snow geese/Canadians / mallards hanging out in hopes of getting that eagle shot I still want. Saw 2 mature bald eagles but they wouldn't cooperate and swing over the shore where we were hiding the the grass. I love watching how the ducks respond when there is an eagle nearby as they all take off and circle in several small groups until the threat leaves. Oh well. I'll be back at it next weekend provided the ice doesn't totally lock the lake up. Otherwise it will be back to the Mississippi River bottoms between Red Wing and Hastings again. Of course while we were back at home I saw 2 different pairs of eagles go right over my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment