About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A missed opportunity & a Friday backyard chase?


Great opportunity for an awesome shot of a broad winged hawk this afternoon. Yeah, too bad I forgot I had cranked up the ISO on the cam to 1600 the other night then left it there. I do this over and over....you think I would learn. Click on the image to see what I mean.
Using Photoshop in a weak attempt to make lemonade out of a lemon.

One week from heading up north for the big show. The GFS is pissing me off as it really wants to develop a strong system to the west keeping the winds out of the south meaning Melinda and I won't see much (compared to a west or northwest wind). It will make for warmer October camping but the birds won't get funneled in a long the lake.

Tomorrow may hold some promise for another late season t-storm day. Best dynamics are waaay north in the trees but if a cell can pop in the St Cloud / Little Falls area, the 850mb/700mb crossover doesn't look too bad for some lower level shear. I suspect the good old SPC will expand the slight down into the IA/MN border region on the new SWODY1.

No comments:

Post a Comment