About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Friday, September 26, 2008

September chase day...TODAY

What the heck...it's September. Looks like a decent shot of some severe storms in northern and central MN late this afternoon and everning. Some really cold upper air will overspread a cold front with some good moisture (for this time of year) and decent wind fields. The winds are a little unidirectional, but there appears to be just enough crossover at the H7/H85 levels to peak my interest. The NAM seemsto have a really good handle on things overnight so going with that solution. As a shortwave moves in this afternoon, my target is Gilman, MN. Not a tornado day (not likely anyhow), but more than enough to get me out this afternoon.

1 comment:

Post a Comment