About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A special treat on the commute today

Had the lucky rabbit's foot with today as I was driving into work and got to see a pair of golden eagles sitting in a tree a couple of miles east of my place. At first I thought they were bald eagles then as I got closer I figured they were two juvenile baldies. Nope, from about 100 feet as I passed it was plain as day they were goldens. The female was HUGE. Sitting in a small leafless tree she looked to be about 4 feet fall (exaggerated obviously but you get the point). Regardless, it was really cool to see and I wish I would have had one of the cams with....yes, I am getting lazy as a stringer and need to get re-focused again.

Nothing interesting on the wx front right now. Low clouds, fog, and a mix of rain and snow. The GFS is hinting at a couple of clipper systems over the next week so will need to keep an eye on those as I still want to head up to Lake Superior on the south shore for a wind / lake effect snow event. The International Wolf Center trip to Ely is still on the schedule too before Christmas.

Speaking of Duluth and the northland, got a nice email from Chris Snider, who is now working at the Fox affiliate up there as a met, so will need to make the time to pop in and say hello as we pass through on one of the trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment