About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lens reflection or ????

Working on the 2008 chase video again and going through the June 11th stuff when I came across a segment which has several nice CG's so I thought it would make for some good slo-mo lightning. This image is frame #19 of 29 (I was shooting at 29.97 fps on the VX2100). I've had this happen before when there is a distant strike and the reflection shows up as what appears to be a closer strike.

What baffles me is there are no other strikes for a couple of seconds either side of this. There is also no return stroke after it nor does it appear to be a leader from another strike. Weird.

2 comments:

Dann Cianca said...

I can't comment to what it is ... I have no idea, but it's pretty damn cool!

mnwxchaser said...

It is a reflection. Doug showed me a trick using the length of the "strike" in proportion to the horizon and it is without a doubt a reflection. Weird.

Post a Comment