About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't know if these are legit, but if they are...

DAAAAAMMMNNN....adult golden eagle vs red fox for a deer carcass. I was browsing Photobucket and came across these. I'll place my money on the eagle.

EDIT: Here is the Snopes report....they are legit. Shot in Finland in Feb 2006.






With the eagle's wingspan being 6 or 7 feet, that would be about the right size in proportion for the fox in the final shot. A fox is mostly hair. Skin it and even a large one is only a little bigger than a large house cat.

Eagle 1, Fox 0 It's had to argue with 400 psi of strength in each one of those talons.

No comments:

Post a Comment