About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Urban coyote



Yep, I spend hours this winter trying to get a shot of a coyote and as luck would have it, I see one on the way to work this morning. This nice male was in Medina just off highway 55 east of where the railroad tracks cross. I did a double take and quickly took the Urbandale Court frontage road. He stayed put long enough for me to take about a dozen shots. Another lucky thing was Dave Drufke and I were meeting up this afternoon to go out to Pike Island so I already had the gear with and just happened to have the f2.8 70-200 lens on. It was pretty dark as the sun had just come up over the horizon a little after 7:30 so the fast glass helped out.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Excellent score! I've been wanting to get one as well. I see em' all the time while coming in to work at night.

Post a Comment