About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Monticello landfill methane burner at night

This is something I wanted to go ding around with for a while. Figured with the cold temps the West Nile odds would be a little lower so headed out last night. Shooting the methane burner flame itself was a lot harder than what I thought it would be. A f1.4 is almost a must as the 2.8 even at a high ISO and the EV cranked up was struggling...or maybe it was most likely operator error as I hit one pic out of about 20 I liked. I dunno. The others are with a 18-55 lens 30s ISO 200 f3.5 with the a +5 EV. Anyhow, I'll head back over another night and try it again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment