Followers

Monday, April 11, 2011

April 9th 2011 Iowa Night Time Tornado Fest




The usual disclaimer. I do not recommend mobile spotting and sure as heck do not advise chasing at night.

My usual hemming and hawing around home and got started about an hour late than I planned. I knew once the storm(s) fired, they would ride the kink in the warm from which had a really nice SW/NE orientation in northwest Iowa. So, if I missed initiation, it would still be easy to get on a storm as it was coming up at me. Dining around cost me the Mapleton, IA tornado but the night made up for it.

Here is a link to the damage surveys from

NWS - Omaha

NWS - Des Moines

The complete set of pics of video frame captures from the night can be seen HERE.

Here is a short teaser video from my blog readers only. The best stuff is NOT on this. Want to see it? Trade chase videos with us next fall or winter and find out!



It's amazing with all of these tornadoes no one was killed. Great job NWS / Chasers / Spotters.

No comments:

Post a Comment