About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer doldrums and shots from the weekend

Pretty lame weather pattern we are stuck in as the northern severe weather season winds down. Have had a few days with good instability but those days were lacking a good trigger. If we get 2 or 3 decent chase days yet this year, I'll be shocked.

It's been so quiet, I've decided to produce a 2011 highlights vid. This is pretty much going to be trade bait as out of the dozen or so tornadoes I scored this year, only a couple were of the high end quality I strive for. Of course if you like night time torns, the April 9th segment will make it worth your time to hit me up for a trade. At some point I'll put together a 30-45 second trailer and post it here.

Had a really full schedule this weekend as Melinda and I combine the two houses into one. The plan is to live in the house in town until we can get a place with enough acreage for the horses. We'll keep the house in town and use it as a rental property until we move back out into the country. The lake place was fun, but not realistic for the long term. I very much believe in a higher power looking over us and this temporary consolidation is part of something bigger in the future for us...hopefully in 12-18 months.

Here are some recent shots from late last week through Saturday morning. Hopefully I will get out to shoot more on the weekends once our house merger is complete. Kind of sad as I sat on the dock the other evening knowing these images will soon be filed into a closed chapter of our lives.

Photobucket

Morning commute with sunrise fog.

Photobucket

One of the last views down the dock.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Early morning fisherman.

I have also messed around with the html code on here so I can post some higher res shots. These are 900x600. I use images 1200 pixels wide on my website but I think that would be overkill for a blog. Comments?





No comments:

Post a Comment