Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Last "summer" hike of the year? and Buffalo Stars and Stirrups October 8th show

Didn't do a lot of shooting this past weekend and the kids had a horse event which I was quite content just to observe. The Buffalo Stars and Stirrups Saddle Club had a new photographer at this event, Al Braunworth. I have seen Al at some other horse events and had seen some of his work before. Good stuff. He is a super nice guy and very approachable. One thing I like about Al's style is he shoots a more candid / journalistic style than the stuffy one location only like the previous photog did. Be sure to check out Al's site HERE!

Anyhow, here are a few of mine from a half-assed attempt:

Photobucket

Jessica Beckers on Penny

Photobucket

Maddie Day on Brandi

Photobucket

Bridget Anderson on Atti

Tuesday looked to be the last of the really warm days and was also the Hunters Moon. I wanted a telephoto shot of one of the eagle's nests with the moon behind it for an upcoming contest and thought I had it all figured out....maybe not.

Photobucket

Whoops! Slight miscalculation. By the time I realized my error it was too late to adjust. Needless to say I will not be entering that particular contest.

One the way out to the location, I snapped off this shot of one of Sherburne county's finest:

Photobucket

Bad cop. No donut. I also award you no points for what is quite possibly the worst hiding job ever. Had he been driving a smart car, maybe.

Anyhow, after the moon fail, here are some other shots since I had time while hiking out and getting chased by swarms of biting gnats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and a couple of orphan shots from Sunday when Melinda, Cailyn, and myself went on a short hike to gather some leaves and birch bark to share with her class.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing huge on the schedule coming up. This weekend looks to be quiet but the following weekend of the 21st may make a trip up to the International Wolf Center in Ely for some fish in a barrel shooting. Will also take a stab at some of their wild brothers and sisters roaming Itasca county.

No comments:

Post a Comment