Followers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Biggest 8 Point Buck of My Photo Career

I've always wondered what the dominant buck in the river bottoms looked like. The afternoon of November 23rd I found out. Three hours of cat and mouse with this guy as he followed a doe who almost in standing heat before I finally got the shot I was looking for. Darn near didn't get it either as the sun had just dropped below the horizon. I lucked out as he was looking directly into what was left of the light to the west.

Photobucket

He ran off every other buck he saw including a nice 12 pointer and a pretty big 10 pointer! This guy is going to be a MONSTER next year if he gets some mass to his antlers. I would estimate the brow tines at about 12" and the main tines over 14". The main beams are easily 24".

Here are some other shots of him from throughout the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think a little shed hunting may be in store later this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That buck looks exactly what my deer looks like in my backyard it's a big 8 point tall tines and nice wide spread just like that one. I got photos of it too. Nice deer!!!

Post a Comment