About Me

My photo

Anything outdoors!  Tornadoes, eagles, blizzards, or auroras.  If it is in the sky, running through the woods or swimming in the water, I'm there!

Followers

Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th Colorado and thoughts on the 9th

Photobucket

Wasn't expecting much today and didn't see anything impressive. Kinda shot myself in the foot as I hung out in Sterling for the late afternoon and into the early evening. Boundary was right there with cold east/northeast winds but just to the southeast the dews were in the low 50's with southeast winds. After watching tower after tower struggle in the 40 dews, I finally gave in and headed down to the DCZ were a couple of cells came crawling out into the plain east of Denver. About this time a cell 30 miles west of Sterling went torn warned with a public reported funnel. I still think it was too cold even at that elevation to produce but it was still annoying my impatience got the better of me.

Here are a few shots from around I70 east of Denver.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In Goodland KS for the night. Not sure what to think about tomorrow yet as I want to see if the WF lights up as it lifts during the night and it the convection persists in the morning. Looks like that could be a good bet. In the event it does not, looking at the DDC area tomorrow as the strong WAA and the high theta e air works in. Still up to the morning obs...

No comments:

Post a Comment